GRILLED PRAWNS WITH A SUMMER SALSA
- 17 December 2017
- 0 Comment(s)
Fresh, seasonal and sustainable – that is how we like to eat. Enjoy the summer holidays with Chef Pieter’s recipe for grilled prawns that burst with flavour. Enjoy with a refreshing salsa on the side and a glass of the Leopard’s Leap Sauvignon Blanc. Easy and Delicious!
Recipe for grilled prawns with a summer salsa
15 ml (1 tbsp) ginger, finely grated
15 ml (1 tbsp) garlic, finely chopped
15 ml (1 tbsp) chilli, finely chopped
Grated zest of 2 limes
125 ml (½ cup) olive oil
24 prawns, cleaned
2 limes, cut into wedges
A few sprigs of coriander and lime wedges to serve
For the salsa:
1 avocado, chopped
1 red onion, finely chopped
¼ pineapple, peeled and chopped
30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
80 ml (1/3 cup) peanuts, roughly chopped and lightly grilled
Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Combine ginger, garlic, chilli, zest, oil and prawns in a glass bowl and leave to marinade for 1 – 2 hours.
- Prepare a fire providing enough medium to hot coals.
- For the salsa, combine the avocado, red onion, pineapple and olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- When the coals are ready, remove the prawns from the marinade and skewer onto bamboo kebab sticks, alternating with lime wedges.
- Place directly over coals. Baste with the marinade and braai for 5 – 7 minutes or until pink on both sides. Season to taste.
- Sprinkle with toasted peanuts and serve with fresh coriander.